I have always been resistant to change. As a business owner, there are always employee wish lists or new equipment that is needed which can eat away at company profit. However, to keep current and do the best work possible, change is extremely important in the video production business.
In this case, new product Adobe Creative Cloud is an excellent change agent. It saves a video production company time and money! Here are our 10 reasons why you should upgrade to Adobe Creative Cloud based on our experience.
- Increased ProductivityIf your hardware fails as electronic equipment can on occasion, your project is safe in the Cloud! Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the option to automatically save your work in the Cloud, saving editors from potential power outages/surges and hardware failure like hard drives crashing. However, if you don’t trust Cloud storage, don’t worry, you’re not required to save to the Cloud. Adobe still allows you to save to hard storage with the Creative Cloud suite. Plus, working in Creative Cloud is more fun than working in CS6. You have to experience it because words cannot describe how easy and fun Creative Cloud is to use. For some reason, our editor employees work faster and focus more on their productions when they are having fun.
- Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is a great feature for a company like Primeau Productions because you can never have too much storage space for HD video. We spend a lot of money on hard drive storage. Our team of editors can easily share HD media in the Cloud so having unlimited storage space accessible to every editing station is a huge advantage! Of course you have to pay for extra Cloud storage space, but it’s worth every penny because that replaces the time to order equipment, shipping and the actual cost of purchasing physical hard drives.
- Accessible from Multiple MachinesCreative Cloud software is accessible on any machine, as long as you have the login information for your subscription. This is very convenient for an office setting and especially when traveling. Editors gain access to Adobe Creative Cloud from their own editing stations or anywhere in the world! This beats manually installing individual programs to every work station and carrying computers on airplanes for remote editing jobs.
- Consistent UpdatesAdobe is capable of updating their software quickly. With Creative Cloud, the software is constantly checking for updates. When you purchase Creative Cloud, no longer will you have to worry about buying new Adobe software, the program will update to the latest version for you.
- Consistent Bug Fixes!It’s understandable that Adobe has had some bugs in the past. Before Creative Cloud, users were required to wait for the next version of CS to come out for those bugs to be fixed. With CC, users get consistent updates when bugs are found within the software. Consistent updates also means that bugs are worked out more efficiently and any new tools and features are easily added with very little effort.
- Automatic Access to Every ApplicationMax Spiker, founder of DMAD put it best; “[Adobe Creative Cloud] is like walking into Adobe’s toy store and being able to play with ALL of the toys.” (http://dmad.com/adobe-creative-cloud-review) When you download Creative Cloud, you get access to every Adobe software product, including Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Dreamweaver, etc. With Creative Cloud, you have the ability to pick and choose which programs you’ll need in your workflow, although not every program has to be implemented.
- Pay Per Application SubscriptionSoftware options are great! If you’re only planning on using one software application, you’re not required to buy the entire Creative Cloud suite; you can subscribe to only those software programs you need for a lower monthly rate.
- Easy InstallationThe installation of Creative Cloud is quick and easy. When you download Creative Cloud, you’re given the Adobe Application Manager. This manager helps you download virtually every piece of software Adobe offers. This interface makes installation quick and easy.
- Faster InterfaceEvery new Creative Suite has been substantially faster than the rest (taking software bugs out of the picture). Creative Cloud is no different in this regard. Creative Cloud processes all activity faster because of the constant updating of the software and systems.
- Cost SavingsAdobe’s Creative Suite is not cheap. Individually, the software can range between $500 and $1500. With Creative Cloud, you get all of these programs for only $50 a month. Plus, major discounts are offered for users who are students, along with businesses who need these programs on multiple machines at once.